As long as you are connected to a local WiFi network, you will be able to use your mobile device to make/receive voice calls and send/receive SMS text messages, just as if it were on a normal cellular network. This means that you can use your service even when the wireless signal is limited. Another advantage of having the WiFi feature active on your account is to eliminate INTL roaming charges. If you are roaming internationally with WiFi enabled, you will not be charged for any inbound or outbound calls that use a WiFi connection. The same is true for sending SMS text messages.
Articles in this section
- How am I billed for WiFi Talk & Text activity while roaming outside the US?
- How am I billed for WiFi Talk & Text activity while in the US?
- Does WiFi voice calling require the person I’m calling to be on a WiFi network?
- How do I disable WiFi Talk & Text?
- How do I know if my WiFi Talk & Text is enabled?
- Does WiFi Talk & Text use data?
- What does WiFi Talk & Text allow me to do?
- How can enable WiFi Talk & Text?
- How can I make sure my device is set up to support WiFi Talk & Text?
- Can I use WiFi Talk & Text while roaming internationally?